Duties and Responsibilities
· Takes assigned pull slip, and driving Kubota tractor (or riding with partner), follows a set route to pull designated plants from the fields, then transports them back to the Shipping Building in a timely and efficient manner; writes down correct begin and end times
· Fill outs pull slip completely and accurately before turning over to Cleaning Crew
· Helps maintain all shipping facilities and equipment in a clean, safe and well-organized condition.
· Ensures Cleaning Crews are promptly provided with replacements for shortages or defective plants.
· Performs as-needed work for other departments, such as weeding, pruning, consolidation, and occasional other general labor.
· Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
Proficient in reading, writing and communicating in both English and Spanish, ability to develop a strong awareness of current plant locations and status; Ability to efficiently manage daily tasks and prioritize duties, ability to learn plant names (both common and botanical), efficiently manage daily tasks and prioritize duties, flexibility, and ability to multitask.
· Must be energetic and be able to work long shifts with very little sitting.
· Must be able to work in a standing position for 90% of a daily shift.
· Must be able to bend and lift, using both arms repeatedly.
· Must be able to up to lift 50lbs.
· Must be able to push/pull up to 800lb. wheeled racks
· Must be able to perform tasks with arms raised above shoulder level.
· Must be able to perform tasks on low ladders.
· Must be able to work in uncomfortable temperatures.
Your application was submitted successfully.