The Sales Representative is responsible for the input of finished sales orders, answering incoming phone calls, customer service, and various other office tasks. This position is vital to servicing our customers.
- Answer incoming phone calls and perform call routing as necessary.
- Assist customers in all relevant inquiries using a professional and friendly tone.
- Input customer sales orders from internet, fax, email or telephone.
- Distribute product availability and ‘hot sheets’ to customers via email.
- Review and confirm future product shipments to customers.
- Solicit sales with current customers.
- Must know plant nomenclature and discuss this with customers, as well as be willing to suggest substitutions and ideas.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Proficient in reading, writing and communicating in English. High School diploma or GED is required.
- Efficiently manage daily tasks and prioritize duties. Must be able to multi-task.
- Basic computer skills, typing/data entry
- Proficient in communicating via writing (must have good grammar and spelling)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products (Excel, Word, Access).
- Previous experience in customer service preferred
- Previous experience in Retail Nurseries preferred.