The annual greenhouse team member (seasonal position) assists with the maintenance, upkeep and care of all plants in the annual program.
Characteristics of a Annuals Greenhouse Team Member:
- Must be willing to work long hours
- Must be dependable and hardworking
- Must be willing to learn and take directions well
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that plants are receiving the adequate water necessary for their species.
- Apply fertilizer to plants as needed for their specific species
- Consolidation of plant crops
- Plant or transplant seeds, bulbs, and cuttings
- Pulls annual orders for the sales team
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Skills and ability in time management and task prioritization.
- Participates as an effective member of the team, continue professional growth, formulates goals, seeks feedback and applies new skills
- Ability be self-motivating while paying close attention to detail
- Some horticultural knowledge a plus
Must be able to be on your feet 100% of the time and lift up to 30 lbs. minimum